CREST Communications, Inc.
STATEMENT OF POLICY AND PROCEDURE
SUBJECT: Duties of Team Officers
SCOPE: CREST Communications
DUTIES OF TEAM OFFICERS
- Promote and develop the CREST Communications organizational
- Encourage, assist, guide, and develop
cooperation among the membership.
- Promote, develop, and assist as needed new
members to the team, instilling the goals of proficient professional
emergency communications for our community.
- Serve the
Membership as a mediator and express their needs, wants, and desires to
the entire CREST Communications
- Act as an official point of contact between the
Communications, Inc. and Membership.
- Assist, monitor, and audit financial records
relating to CREST Communications, Inc. 50(c)(3) IRS Not-For-Profit
umbrella. Ensure that the governing board follow required procedures. Make monthly
and annual reports to the team Treasurer.
- Encourage the Membership to
provide organized training in leadership, planning, and training
exercises as may be needed.
- Serve on and encourage other members to serve on
CREST Communications inc., committees.
- Act as a mediator of conflicts, when requested.
- Receive and evaluate complaints and/or conflicts
with policy or procedures and forward, with recommendation, to the
Communications President for action.
- Represent CREST Communications policies and capabilities and
local representatives of federal, national, and local organization,
e.g., Red Cross, FEMA, NVOAD and regional local government
counterparts (State and County Department of Emergency Management's,
etc.) promoting CREST Communications within the Region.
In summary: A President's function is to
serve and provide leadership for the team, not to command them.
Adopted by the Team Officers, 20 February, 99