We welcome the opportunity to "show our stuff" and demonstrate
our commitment to your event's success using
our professional membership and team resources. In
order to ensure our involvement goes smoothly, an event coordinator
is assigned to each and every event.
The event coordinator is your link to our
team's arsenal of resources. Each
event coordinator has experience in assessing the communications needs
based on your your pre-event planning requirements.
If you have never planned an event before, we can assist you with
communication assessment and resource deployment to assure your communications
needs are satisfied and your event is
Here are some basic event coordinator
- Attend pre-event meeting to coordinate
with other attendees or obtain pre-event planning information from the
- Assess the communications requirements
based on geographic, coverage area, number of stations, traffic
and/or parking control requirements, etc.
- Determine the resource requirement based
on pre-meeting information and communications criteria.
- Post an e-mail to the team news list
advertising the event.
- Ensure the event is communicated on the
RUG Monday Night Net.
- Remind all event-designated resources to
conduct pre-event preparation.
- Obtain resource commitments
in advance of the event.
- Provide updated information to all who
will participate at the event.
- Coordinate to ensure the arrival of all
resources on day of event.
- Ensure event planner has radio contact
with Team throughout the event.
- Assist with solving last minute event "challenges" using available resources at your